Building uc/OS

My goal is to gain experience working with an RTOS. After selecting uc/OS I have have the book and software. After installing the software and starting the book, I don't know how to build the kernnel. Chapter 1 of the book assume it is runnable in a DOS window, but I don't see how to build it. I have an ARM / Cortex evaluation board on order and hope to move to that.

When can I find a tutorial on how to build the OS. Yes, I have spent a lot of time searching but have been unsuccessful.

Thank you for your time

bkelly

From the Preface, Page xvi:

What you need to Use uC/OS-II

"The code was compiled with Borland International's C++ V3.1"

What compiler ? Which chip ?

Go over to "

" and look for the compiler and chip you think you are using.

OK.

Reply to
hamilton

Since Borland C 3.1 is so old you might want to consider going to the Micrium web site and getting a more current version of the RTOS, either Either uCOS-II 2.92 or uCOS-III 3.x. Both are available in source form and there are plenty of ports for current compilers like gcc, IAR EWARM, Keil, etc. uCOS-I is quite out of date.

--
Scott
Validated Software

database 6553 (20111018) __________

http://www.eset.com
Reply to
Not Really Me

Your first step should be to look for an official/contributed port for your compiler suite and chip/devboard combination on the Micrium site. If you find it, great! you can get up to speed on the OS by running example code and other small snippets. Just out of curiosity, what board and compiler are you using?

Reply to
Karthik Bharadwaj