GlobalSpec

The GlobalSpec people are suggesting we use their site as a sales tool...

"companies like NASA, Boeing, GE, Northrop (just to name a few) are now using GlobalSpec as their exclusive search tool."

That claim seems a bit ambitious to me.

How do you feel about GlobalSpec? Do you use it to find vendors?

John

Yeah, me too.  I guess they all forgot about Google, just like
_that_? ...
Reply to
John Fields

I think that they are a google spammer, and put up a myriad of irrelevant, meaningless pages just to get people from google searches visit them. I never saw anything useful on globalspec.

Another bad one is cmbcomponents.com.

Ignoramus12137

Did you never hear the superlatives : the worlds first, the worlds leading, the worlds biggest... ? No? Never mind, just skip these kind of terms, meaningless.

Naa.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Every once in a while I forget how disappointed I was the previous time I tried it, and try again. It never gets any better.

With just a little bit of thought, I almost always manage to find what I want with rather little effort and Google. Globalspec's searches are always swamped with irrelevant crap, no matter how hard I try to specify the search.

John Perry

Reply to
John Perry

Ah, yes, one of my favorite topics....

I have been courted by two different sales people from their company over the years to sign us up... at an _exhorbitant_ yearly rate.

And I agree with one of the other posters: Their tactics to get some of their pages to come up in searches has become spam-like.

It appears they made a good presentation a while back and got a number of large companies on board. Then they made a number of other large companies feel like they would be at a disadvantage if they didn't sign up too.

Their system however, is the perfect way for some Junior Engineer to get a number of quotes from large companies on a component they know nothing about, in order to make the boss happy.

--
Gary Peek
Industrologic, Inc.