big problem with Philips PDS51 emulator

I can't connect to a PDS51 (with serial cable), the software says that there is no emulator connected to the COM port!!!

Is there anybody that knows this emulator? I need help...

Thanks

Reply to
djordj

Spehro Pefhany formulated on venerdì :

Well... not so easy... I'0ve used it for a long time, since this afternoon. I ran PDS51 software and I can't estabilsh a connection with the emulator. I've taken the oscilloscope and I've found that I seed bit stream on the RX pin of the MAX3227E chip mounted on the PDS51 motherboard, but I can't see any bit on the TX pin...

Moreover, I've seen that on pin 33 of the 8051 labelled as PDS51 v2.0 (opr something similar) on the motherboard ther is an ALE signal of

2.5Mhz (circa).

If I check the same pin on the other 8051s mounted on the daughter board, I can't see no more "ALE like" signal.

I don't know what to do....

Reply to
djordj

Works fine for me under Win2K. Try setting the com port and baud rate both to "auto".

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Maybe the MAX chip is fried. I'd say the chances of that are fairly good- anything that connects to the outside world is vulnerable to some extent. Can you see the signal at the TX *input*? But, if your (commercial) development is stopped, and the problem isn't obvious, you should probably get another one airlifted to your lab post haste. They're not that expensive, IIRC.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany wrote on 01/06/2007 :

I was thinking the same thing: the MAX's gone... But that's not true: even the TX pin on the 8051 is off.

Reply to
djordj