DOS software for EMUL51-PC

Does anyone have or know where I might obtain the DOS based software for Nohau EMUL51-PC?

I still have the emulator with serial box, cable and various pods, and a PC with a serial port that will boot into DOS. Somewhere along the way the software distribution diskette got tossed.

Never thought I'd need this emulator again, but now as a "professional courtesy" need to modify a system I did about 20 years ago.

Reply to
Jose Tango

I did some projects like that - working on things designed many years ago. On one project I found it easier to apply some newer technology to the development / debug problem by temporarily replacing the MCU in the target with a newer style one that supported JTAG debugging. See my writeup about that approach here:

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com
Reply to
Michael Karas

Sorry, can't help with a copy of the DOS software. But, it might be helpful to know that the last time I tried it, Nohau EMUL68 ran just fine on Linux using the DOSEMU. I would assume that EMUL51 would also. IIRC, that was using an ISA board not a serial port...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! And then we could sit
                                  at               on the hoods of cars at

You could try

PhilW

Reply to
PhilW

You could try making a request over at

on the forum there. I believe that a number of active members there used to use Nohau equipment in times gone by.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
http://www.carousel-design.com
Reply to
Michael Karas

Tried that. They say if I find a copy to please share with them.

Reply to
Jim Vanelli

I too have an EMUL51 packed away in storage.

It's possible I have the software archived also. I'll check in the next few days & respond here.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
Chris

I have the ISA version of the EMUL-51 along with the trace card. I don't have any of the pods any more so I don't know if the thing still works. Anyway the the disk that was in the box has DOS software but I don't know if it will work with your serial version. I put the contents here if you need it:

(click the gray button that says "download this file", don't click the green button to download the so-called "pdf reader") The zip has 119 files including EXE and example C and ASM files with dates from 1986 to 1989. Hopefully it will be of some use.

If anyone wants the EMUL-51 ISA cards I'm willing to sell them for the cost of shipping.

Reply to
peter_gotkatov