Re: Looking for One Touch Ultra Cable Schematic Glucose monitor

Its a standard RS232 > 5v 3 wire connection. Easiest way if you are not wanting to build it yourself is to use a Nokia data cable and put a stereo

3.5 mm jack on it..
Reply to
Mjolinor

Again?

It's just pins 2, 3, 5 --- MAX232 or equivalent ----- 3.5 mm jack plug

Use a nokia data cable.

Reply to
Mjolinor

And if that confuses you please tell me why my newsreader is duplicating old posts :)

Reply to
Mjolinor

I would like to build my own cable. There are several different cable schematics for the Nokia phones, with way too many options. I assume the 3.5 mm plug is a two pole, tip + and side --. The output from the One Touch must not be a serial protacol voltage, there for needing a Max232. So the One Touch must be tx and ground. I would need to tap the com port for supply V for the Max232 and connect the TX from One Touch to RX on the com port and ground. I have not found a schematic just for this application. Thanks for the reply

Reply to
George

A serial port will not reliably drive it. It may work but is not really to be relied on. Better to take it from the USB, PS2 or parallel port is you need power

Reply to
Mjolinor

----------------------- Here is where I'll stick the cable schematics I grabbed when I wanted to do that, I built my own finally, it's pretty obvious:

Just remember that the meter puts out and receives serial, but ONLY

0/+5V TTL, and NOT RS-232 -12V/+12V, so you NEED a level shifter chip or transistors. You CAN use 2N3904 NPN/2N3906 PNP in place of those British BC- numbered tramsistors in the one cable schematic.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!