AT91SAM7S SCC port used as an SPI port

I once looked at the SAM7 parts for a project where I needed two SPI ports and very low power. I was told by the vendor that the SCC port could be used as an SPI port. Reading the data sheet does not make this obvious. I guess I could program the SCC port for I2S operation and use the frame sync signal like a select. This might work with the SPI device in slave mode and the SCC in master mode.

Has anyone done something similar? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

This is not a project that I can use a different processor for. The SAM7 is the selected part and I need to use it as best I can.

I suppose I could always bit bang the "fake" SPI port, but that would likely make the port run slowly and suck up a lot of CPU cycles.

Reply to
rickman