ARMSTR group for STR9 (and STR7) created

Hi,

started a new User Group for the very interesting STR91x microcontrollers from ST Microelectronics. So far I posted some initial information there that I could find on the Internet, such as pricing in low quantities, links to documentation and I will do so for a while to come but the group only comes alive when discussions about user experience is contributed. The STR9 is based on an ARM966, so offers the advantages of the ARM9 core such as DSP extensions but does not have an MMU, so Linux is probably not the primary target. These devices offer Ethernet, CAN and USB device together with 256k/64k or 544k / 96k memory configurations on chips either in 80-pin or

128-pin packages. If you are interested you can check here:
Or of course on the ST website

To those that do not like this kind of posting, I apologize, for those that are interested in this nice new family, check it out.

Rob btw. I am not employed by or otherwise affiliated with ST

Reply to
armguru

You might try posting this to the STR7 and STMicroSPEAr Yahoo! groups.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
rickman

Hi Rick,

wasn't aware of the other groups and I am extremly dissapointed that a total of more than 170 members in the two groups were not able to generate more traffic than 5 messages on the STR7x group and 4 messages

  • 8 from you on the STMicro one.

Guess I will try for a while to get some participation but if the devices are not worth discussing, we will see.

At least there is one big bonus for your STMicro group, the STM webmaster has noticed it at least one posting.

Rob

rickman wrote:

Reply to
armguru