BDM problem : can't enter HiWave (9S12E64 & 9s12NE64)

Hi,

I'm using 9S08 for several years and I never had any problem with the BDM.

Now, I've just designed a new 9S12E64 board but I can enter "True Time Simulator & Real Time Debugger". The errors messages are : "Failed to find communication speed!" and just after : "Communication to the targer failed (target MCU has no clock or wrong BDM wlock oe derivative is secured)"

- I've looked at the clock on the oscillator pins : it's ok (4.9152MHz crystal).

- I've tried the BDM with a new empty project on a 9S12NE64 eval board : the same messages...

- I' tried with a new BDM pod : always the same...

I think (and I hope !!!) it's just a little problem, perhaps a configuration problem.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Yvan

PS : I'm using CW 4.5 Special Edition.

Reply to
Yvan BOURNE

It seems like your microcontroller is secured. There should be an "unsecure" script in one of the CW directories that you need to run. I believe under the flash menu there is an unsecure option, and that's what you need to run.

Reply to
joshc

Even if it's a new uC ? Never soldered ? I tried this option, but no result...

Yvan

"joshc" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Yvan BOURNE

BDM

:

Yvan BOURNE wrote:

When you reply please post below the previous messages, i.e. don't top post.

Regarding your question, when flash is erased the security byte which is located in flash is obviously also set to 0xFF. 0xFF secures the microcontroller and doesn't allow BDM access. You are probably not performing the unsecure operation correctly because it should work. You will have to specify the value for the clock in that dialog box that pops up. I think if you go to help it tells you how to calculate the number to enter based on your crystal frequency.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I no longer have access to the debugger.

Reply to
joshc