ARM core forum

I found this forum for ARM cores:

It looks like it just started but may be good.

Reply to
gradoj

Is it any better than comp.sys.arm newsgroup?

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

just a dream !

Reply to
gal hevs

Wow, you managed to "find" this forum the same day that its admin did! Too bad that nobody except the admin has posted anything yet.

Why can't people announce a new forum without claiming they "found" it?

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Perhaps he means he is a founder and founded it rather than found it. But I concur with most here, that newsgroups an usenet are are better interface.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson

Just found it ? Below is what you posted > I just opened a new site for discussions around ARM cores:

BTW, you had only justed joined LPC2000 on Feb 28!

Related and of questionable origin is:

gal hevs wrote: > gradoj wrote: >

Spamming from the start is not a good start. I question your motives, therefore I did a simple whois.

Registrant Contact: none Kelly Englot +1.4036981309 Fax: none 155 Coventry Hills Dr. NE Calgary, alberta T3K 6A5 CA

Gradoj, what is your reason for starting this forum and what is you background with regard to ARM?. Have you contributed to any ARM discussions before? It would certainly help if you have as it would lend you some credibility. Otherwise I can see no reason to take discussions away from established groups.

*Peter*
Peter Jakacki

Since anyone can find this information for themselves I would appreciate it if you would remove it from your post.

To answer your question I am an embedded developer currently working on a project with an ARM processor. I started developing this site when AT91.com went down - I didn't know if Atmel would ever bring it back up. I found it a very valuable resource and thought it would be nice if there was a website similar dedicated to all ARM core processors.

I apologize for spamming but didn't really consider it spam as the topic of the newsgroup and website are the same.

Anyways, I would really like to see this site succeed. As people start to use it we can eventually get the FAE's watching and answering questions as well. If we have all this information in one place it will make all our lives easier.

Please feel free to post away. PS.I really would like that information removed from your post. I have nothing to hide but...thanks.

Reply to
gradoj

You are naive, and probably ignorant. Whatever the information is (you included no context) it is out there in public view on thousands of systems and nothing can remove it. Read my sig below and the references therein. Google is not usenet. Google only presents a stupidly poor interface to usenet.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

gradoj or whoever you are. If you had started off your announcement with what you have just said you would at least be taken for someone sincere. However, I have not heard of you before on any of the groups neither had you canvassed for opinions before embarking on setting up a new forum. I understand you had problems with AT91.com but why didn't you setup an AT91.com style group then? The LPC2000 group is specifically for Philips LPC21xx processors albeit with a bit of overlap into ARM processors and embedded electronics in general as you would expect.

Hint: You could try and sell us on your website as to why we would want to go there. What are your aims? How can we benefit? etc etc.

Also, the whois listing is freely available to anyone, the purpose was to try and find out something about you before I put my foot in my mouth :-! but question marks remain. It does not appear that you and the registrant are the same person although I am not really concerned about your exact identity anyway, just the questionable way you have announced your site.

Sincerely,

*Peter*

BTW, was the "just a dream" your doing as well???

Reply to
Peter Jakacki

"gradoj" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

It is up and running again.

I don't think the AT91 product line is not going to bother about external forums. Internet is simply too large... If it is best to have info in one place, then

is probably the preferred place. Personally I think newsgroups is superior to forums...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson