Anyone have experience with e-paper?

I'm designing a portable ebook reader/web browser, and I'd like to use the new "e-paper" I've heard so much hype about. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? What type of interface does it use? Is there a good place to get small amounts of it? I saw one company that sells an evaluation kit for $90, can I get just the paper itself? How flexible is it? How fast does it change color? Are there any pitfalls to it's use (besides it being monochrome)? If I mount a touch panel over it, would it be damaged by stylus pressure? How many DPI? I've searched and searched, but all I get is fluffy "e-ink is the wave of the future!!!11!one!!" articles.

Thanks, Mike Matthews

Reply to
m1ke dot m477hewz at gmail dot

Contact e-ink

. They say they're leading ;-) .

Philips agree, they have a knowledge transfer agreement with e-ink.

Good luck,

Marco

Reply to
KoKlust

I work at the Wearlab in Bremen (

) and we had tried epaper - give it two more years at least until it's okay for the market, for our experiences this spring were that it is to fragile and too difficult to drive. Our decision was for semi-flexible organic displays ( oled, organid LED ). The unit we have is driven exactly like a regular TFT, but is just

2mm thick and as bendable as a springsteel foil - pitily it is prone to shocks on its edges for reasons beyond my understanding.
--
Sincerely

Ruediger
Reply to