Diode Array - anyone make them.....cheap?

I have been looking for a simple diode array that would be the equivalent of, say, (8) 1N914 switching diodes in a 16 pin package. Through hole or surface mount, and under a buck. I have found a couple that were in the $7.00US range and some crazy military spec things that were in the $70US range, but that's it. This can't be that strange of an item. Is it my Googling skills or is it just not being manufactured?

Jim

Reply to
WangoTango

Diodes Inc. MMBD4148TW tripple

Reply to
Martin Riddle

?

It's just not a commonly used item. What do you use them for? Yes, we can pack 8 diodes in 16 pin dip. Can you buy 1k?

Reply to
linnix

Would a common anode or common cathode package be suitable (e.g. for multiplexer input range protection, then a small 7 segment display might be usable :-).

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

d?

In that case, TVS diodes are usually denser and cheaper

Reply to
linnix

Actually, common anode would be OK, with a minor layout change, but I think the voltage drop might be a bit much. Although that would be cool to see the state of the signals. Kinda' throw me back to the 70's.

Reply to
WangoTango

Thanks, that's (a lot) better than what I stumbled across.

Reply to
WangoTango

You did not state your application for the diode array but in the case you are looking to use it for clamping signals levels between two voltage rails then there are parts like that shown in the following data sheet:

Mouser happens to have some 1700 of these in stock for 2.24 each (1.89 in 100's).

NXP also has a similar part that has four clamp diode pairs in it.

--
- mkaras
Reply to

Rohm makes small diode arrays.