[ANN] Atmel DIOPSiS ARM+DSP Design Contest 2005 for Universities

Atmel has launched the DIOPSiS DSP Design Contest 2005

First price is 6000Euro.

Atmel will be happy to have Universities andd Colleges participating in the contest.

By combining a floating-point VLIW digital signal processor core with an ARM7 microcontroller on the same chip, Atmel Corp. adds a new wrinkle in an already intensely competitive DSP solutions arena. The AT572D740 Diopsis dual processor at 100 MHz delivers 1 billion floating-point operations per second (1 GFLOPS) and 1.5 GOPS total. There are also lots of peripherals functions and memory embedded on chip. There are two SPI serial ports, two USARTS, a timer counter, watchdog, parallel I/O port (PIO), peripheral data controller, 8 ADC and 8 DAC interfaces, clock generator and interrupt controller".

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Is the JTST board generally available?

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

And what is the resolution and available sample rates of the four A/D/A I/O channels?

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

                                              A. Einstein
Reply to
Bob Cain

"Bob Cain" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com...

It is just the interface so you need external ADC/DAC.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson