Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Combining Inputs and Offsetting by Separate Grounds
Greetings, I'm not really sure about the subject line if it's right or not, but it's basically what I'm looking to do. I posted just yesterday a question about a circuit which was answered very well...
2
2

Digital Electric Fence Tester?
Hi! I've got an electric fence with 1Hz high-voltage pulses (2kV-10kV). I'd like to monitor the voltage from the fence using an ADC. Could anyone give me some ideas for a high-impedance circuit that...
3
3

Car engine RF interference
Hello all, thanks to the advice of Tom Biasi and Bob Masta, I was able to tap into the volume control of my vintage mono AM car radio, so that I could use my mp3 player headphone jack as a source. The...
7
7

Enco BS-0 dividing head
Does anyone have one of these? It would be handy for making a few details in a project I'm working on. I know I'm looking at cheap, just wondering how cheap. Thanks, Wes
1
1

Current measurement question
hello, I have to measure DC current through a range of about 100mA to 50uA, I need to make bi-directional current measurements.... so I'm planning on getting an instrumentation op-amp and a shunt...
5
5

Don't toss your dead cell phone
My Sony Ericsson Z520 developed a white display today. I thought it might have an issue with metal chips since I work in a metalworking facility and that stuff gets everwhere. Anyway, I took it a...
1
1

Protecting my arduino against high voltage spikes?
Newbie, I'm afraid, though I'm not doing badly so far. I've built a digital speedo with an arduino and some LED displays. It picks up pulses from a hall-effect device I've stuck by the drive train of...
3
3

Voltage conversion
Hi People, I'm an Aussie going to Korea to live for a year or two. I'm bringing some appliances with me. The Australian rating is 240V/ 50 Hz. Korea is 220V/ 60 Hz. Will I need a transformer? I read...
5
5

60 cycle hum in a 8 mm projector
Guy at work that is into old movies on film asked me about hum in a movie projector and how to cure it. I'm assuming that the filter capacitor(s) in the power supply is the issue but then I don't play...
3
3

Potting compounds
What's the cement called that's used to pot wirewound resistors and heating elements into ceramic housings? Can you buy small quantities for repair work and is it possible to use at home (I.E. no...

Special Deals Possible With Slotted Freeways
You are retired and own a diesel-electric RV. According to the weather channel there will be a big front coming through next week and the wind turbines feeding I-75 will run the cost of freeway...
18
18

IR LEDs
Lets say I have a bunch of unlabeled Infrared LED transmitters. How would I go about determining their properites? What do I need to know about them to be able to match them up with receivers or build...
2
2

Two questions about multiple EM fields in the same space
Multiple electromagnetic fields can fill the same space simultaneously as long as they have a different vibrating frequency. An example of this is the fields present in sunlight, which can be...
14
14

IR LED testing
I am testing some infrared LED transmitters and receivers and am not sure about a few things. Are all IR LED Transmitters the same color? I have some from one game that are dark blue and then from...
1
1

electronic project
i am a 2nd year ece student and i want to do an mini project. please suggest me some titles..
1
1