Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Probe tips
I want to put something on the end of my multimeter leads so I can clip them on what I am measuring. On another meter, I soldered some alligator clips. I would like something detachable. I found a lot...
4
4

Resistance question
I have read the manual for my Excel multimeter. But it is not clear about resistance measurements. I got 24.6 on the 200K scale. How do I convert that to ohms? Thanks.
16
16

FM stereo
I wear an armband FM radio for my outdoor running, w/ digital tuning. It has a noise level threshold, which switches from stereo to mono when the signal gets weak or noisy. This diminishes the noise...
1
1

What does 1. reading mean when check resistance
When I have my scale set to 200, what does a 1. reading mean?
9
9

Experimenting means there will be casualties :-)
This is part of a previous post. Thought I would start a new thread. "" The directions are poor as hell as is his pictures. His schematic shows a 6.8 K resistor, but no where is it mentioned in his...
15
15

Purpose of cap on ac line of PC power supply
I am re-purposing a PC power supply and there is a "0.47k" cap across the incoming AC line. What's that for?
5
5

Better electrical connectors
I have been using the blade type male/female electrical connectors, but there are a little klunky in connecting up. Is there something better, preferably that I can solder? I mainly use around 10 - 22...
1
1

Laser alarm
I was looking at this. "" Would this be an acceptable LDR? "" https://blog.prayogindia.in/make-laser-light-security-alarm/...
8
8

Blower Time Delay On 3 Decade Old Heat Pump
Can you even buy the part? How does it work?
4
4

Remove some leds
I would like to reduce the light output of this nightlight by removing two of the leds. "" "" Would I need to change one of the resistors? Thanks.
14
14

Electronic parts sites
I am looking for sites that sell electronic components. I have Jameco, but they don't have a lot of components. Thanks, Andy
5
5

Generating this negative pulse?
I have a couple of simple 555 monostables, the first to delay the triggering of the second. But I'm struggling to extract the brief -ve pulse required for the Main mono. I thought it would prove...
15
15

Run time for leds
I have (8) 5 watt leds that are run from a 12VDC source. (3 18650 batteries at 3000 Ma hrs each. I want to know the approx run time. Thanks.
20
20

Re: How do you recycle solar panels?
Yes, but we pretend that we don't know what China is doing with them. You don't know, do you?
1
1

Spurious triggering of 4013 flip-flop
One of my garden lamp circuits is shown here: But the CMOS 4013 flip-flop circuit suffers from occasional spurious triggering. Somehow it frequently gets activated overnight. the very long wire (60 ft...
55
55