Where To Buy Emergency Stop Buttons?

Where can I buy several inexpensive (red) emergency stop buttons? I have looked many places for such buttons and the best that I could find were Cutler-Hammer? buttons sold in a Ebay auction that I lost to a fast last-second bidder. Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
PSurfliner

I am very sorry but I did not make my intentions clear. I am looking for low price shutoff switches for a personal project that I am working on where nobody's safety is actually in danger. These "emergency" stop buttons, and I use the term loosely, could shut off a set of model trains when a person is not near enough to the throttles after a derailment. A very easy shutoff system to add and would be very useful if I could get the some large red buttons that would be easy to hit immediately.

Thanks!

Reply to
PSurfliner

Reply to
Art

Newark Electronics carries a variety of these. I've used a 16mm one by Idec that was considerably cheaper than the big industrial grade versions.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Try asking a local arcade game repair shop if they have any big control panel buttons for sale. Check in your Yellow Pages under Amusements. In the old days these switches (such as the big buttons on _Asteroids_) used big leaf switches, but these days they use Cherry microswitches that don't last quite as long.

HTH,

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA Arlington, TX

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

If you need Emergency Stop Buttons you need to pay real money for them . Just go to Cutler Hammer or some other professional supplier and stop trying to skimp the job. Remember these buttons may save or lose someone's life and the finger will point at the cheapskate who bought them on EBay.

--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?
Reply to
John G

find

Try Grainger.

and search for the keywords.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Or

Dantanna

I second the suggestion for AutomationDirect.com

Richard

Thanks a lot guys. I purchased some red pushbuttons from AutomationDirect (22mm somethings) for a good enough price and now have exactly what I needed. Thanks again!

Reply to
PSurfliner