Where To Buy Emergency Stop Buttons?

Where can I buy several inexpensive (red) emergency stop buttons? I have looked many places for such buttons and the best that I could find were Cutler-Hammer? buttons sold in a Ebay auction that I lost to a fast last-second bidder. Any help is appreciated!

Reply to
PSurfliner

If in the uK, try ScrewFix

Reply to
TheDragon

Your local electrical supply house or

JeffM

For an emergency STOP button, we use any good heavy duty large type push button. When we want a red knob, we use some primer and spray paint to pain the top button. This is the easiest and fastest way to have one.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Radio Shack or Digikey?

Reply to
gototcm

What does 'inexpensive' mean? Allied Electronics is heavily into heavy duty switches. And I have a memory of seeing one in the Digikey catalog. Figure in the $50 and up range.

Should be a standard surplus item. Try 'Surplus Electronics' (I think they changed their name, though) here in sunny Cleveland, Ohio.

If it means free: look in enough junk heaps and you should find some to rip out of a panel.

But face it, if you need an emergency stop you need a new working emergency stop switch, and not one that has been sitting outdoors for year.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

Absolutely! Back in the days when I designed off-line switchers, in spite of having special isolating front-ends for the 'scopes, I had the electricians add a "panic" button to drop all the power in the lab. Barely a week after its installation I had to punch it to get a technician loose from 240VAC. (Lab rules also required a minimum of two people in the lab before you could power-up anything.)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks a lot guys. I purchased some red pushbuttons from AutomationDirect (22mm somethings) for a good enough price and now have exactly what I needed. Thanks again!

Reply to
PSurfliner