water analogy- a simple calculator

Where is the inductance analogy? An inquisitive mind wants to know.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

BTW, I know it is 1 degree C * second / watt. But what is the physical realization of that like the farad equivalence being 1 gram of aluminum?

Reply to
John - KD5YI

BTW, I know it is 1 degree C * second / watt. But what is the physical realization of that like the farad equivalence being 1 gram of aluminum?

------

Inertia due to mass. The same as an inductor applied conversely.

mike

Reply to
m II

Well, yeah. But isn't 1 gram of aluminum an inertia?

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

There isn't one. The heat equation is first order with respect to time, and all the coefficients are real-valued, so there's no opportunity for oscillatory solutions. (The Schrodinger equation is also first order in time, but it has a factor of i in it, so all the nontrivial solutions are oscillatory. Second order equations can display both sorts of behaviour.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'd have to check the numbers, but I assume that at room temperature the heat capacity of 1 gram of aluminum is about 1 joule per degree K.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well, yeah. But isn't 1 gram of aluminum an inertia?

John

--
Only the 1 gram part has inertia. The aluminum is a container.

mike
Reply to
m II

Thanks, Dr. Phil. I guess that's why I could not mentally picture such a thing.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

A turbine driving a flywheel. Or more accurately, a positive-displacement pump.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath