LT Spice help with nodes

Just learning LT-Spice. Drew simple diagram with ground, battery and a few resistors. Did the simulations and got voltages at nodes as expected. While I was able to figure out which node is which (from the netlist) is it possible to have the nodes labeled on the graphics screen. This circuit has nodes n001 to n004.

Thanks in advance for help and comments. BTW, I did go to help and also went to on-line tutorials.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

"Ivan Vegvary" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@j32g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Hello Ivan,

There is a function to label nets. You have three options to get it labeled.

From the menu-bar, clcik the icon [A]

or

press F4

or

right-mouse-click on a net , then "label net".

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

snipped-for-privacy@j32g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Helmut, Thank you so much for the reply. I did find the "label net" dialog box, but don't quite know what to do with it. So, for labeling nodes "1,2, 3....." do I simply place one number at a time and then drag them to a node? Do I attach them anywhere along a wire or does it have to be at the end of a component? Isn't there an "auto-label" command? I'm use to running Autodesk architectural and Civil programs along with 'Inventor' and 'Solidworks'. Seems that I am looking for something more intuitive and my pea brain can't seem to get past the "label net" dialog box.

Thank you for your help.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Newsbeitragnews: snipped-for-privacy@j32g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Helmut, Thank you so much for the reply. I did find the "label net" dialog box, but don't quite know what to do with it. So, for labeling nodes "1,2, 3....." do I simply place one number at a time and then drag them to a node? Do I attach them anywhere along a wire or does it have to be at the end of a component? Isn't there an "auto-label" command? I'm use to running Autodesk architectural and Civil programs along with 'Inventor' and 'Solidworks'. Seems that I am looking for something more intuitive and my pea brain can't seem to get past the "label net" dialog box.

Thank you for your help.

Ivan Vegvary

Hello Ivan,

Place this label on a wire.

These N0001, N0002 are already from the automatic labeling of nets.

The original SPICE(30+ years ago) allowed only numbers on nets.. Nowadays SPICE programs allow all characters from your keyboard including + and -.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

snipped-for-privacy@n2g2000pre.googlegroups.com...