Nifty conversion calculator

This is a real enginerd's conversion calculator. Be sure to read this page to learn about dimensional analysis syntax. It sorts out all the nasty bits for you.

--
Mark
Reply to

Thanks. Interesting gadget. There also seems to be a Palm OS version out there as well.

A related handy (and free) tool is over at:

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

I have that utility... nicely done! ...Jim Thompson

google can do the same, try a google search for:

2000 lbf * (10 * 12 feet) / 1 minute in horsepower

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

It won't convert l/100km to mpg - it assumes you're wrong in asking for the reciprocal and complains about the units. ;-)

Google calculator handles it.

30 mpg in l/100km

=>

30 miles per gallon = 7.84048611 l/100km

------

30 miles per imperial gallon in l/100km

=>

30 (miles per Imperial gallon) = 9.4160351 l/100km
--
Of course they are also compiling information on what you are doing
(eg. searching for explosives, then calculating blast radius) and