Fuse Specifications - difference between T4E250V and T4A250V

Hello.

The internal power surge fuse has just blown in my Phillips TV.

The markings on the end cap are T4E250V

Which I understand to mean T (slow blow) 4 (4 amps) 250 (250 volts max)

However I can't find out what the "E" stands for and whether it's important. Does anyone know this for certain please ?

The point being that T4A250V fuses are generally available,

- whereas it appears T4E250V fuses aren't.

Thank you.

michael adams

michael adams

"michael adams"

** The codes printed on fuses are part numbers - not ratings. One has to look up the fuse maker's specifications to find the characteristics of each type and value.

Descriptions like "4 amp, slow blow" are just broad generalisations, not specifications.

However, seeing as we know the application is a domestic TV receiver - experience suggests that any fuse ( of the right physical size) labelled with T4A and 250 or similar will be OK.

The glass ones with spiral shaped fuse wires are my favourites.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Cheers. I bought a pack of ten T4A 250V for £1 - straight wire with a blob in the middle - about the only ones I could find over-the-counter next day rather than waiting a few days for mail order. And it seems to do the job o.k. which is all that really matters. T4E250V it seems is the Phillips part number only obtainable in batches of 500 from suppliers with a minimum order of £100. Something like that, anyway.

michael adams

michael adams

Given that it's a part number, the E probably stands for Voltage. i.e. E=IR Ohms law. Voltage = Current x Resistance

Just a guess though.

-Scott

Reply to
Lab1