Varistor rating

Hi all,

I've two varistor....from two different PCI dialup modem. TUR 07271 and ZOV 07D241K is written over it...was is the voltage and current rating likely to be, how to read it??

Thanks

Reply to
Jack// ani

Thanks John. Oh...yes, physical size is around 7mm as you said....I hope the rating are also true.

Reply to
Jack// ani

I think the 07 (or 07D) prefix refers to 7mm diameter. Is this about the size of the disk under the epoxy coating?

I think 271 refers to a 27*10^1-270 volts AC and 241 refers to 240 volts AC. The DC peak rating will be about 1.4 times that.

If you look up this size and volt rating MOV from almost any manufacturer, you can get some pretty good ideas of the surge current ratings.

For example:

John Popelish

On 20 Dec 2005 04:45:22 -0800, "Jack// ani" put finger to keyboard and composed:

ZOV = zinc oxide varistor ???

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

TVR 07271 and ZOV 07D241K

TVR and ZOV is the brand of the varistors which the manufacturers produce.They are electronic company in Taiwan and the factory in China mailand.

Sometimes ZOV =3D zinc oxide varistor ,just like MOV=3Dmetal oxide varistor.

Jashon in CHina

Franc Zabkar =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
varistors

You are right.TVR 07271: the 07 (or 07D) prefix refers to 7mm diameter. this is about the size of the disk under the epoxy coating.

But 271 refers to a 27*10^1-270 of VARISTOR VOLTAGE RATING.What is the Varistor Voltage rating?

Varistor Voltage Rating (Vdc): The peak DC voltage measured across the varistor when a specified current, Ic, is applied. For 5mm devices, Ic=0.1mA; for 7,10,14,20mm devices, Ic=1.0mA.

Also the surge current means Max. surge current under impulse current (8x20us waveform) instead of the normal current.

I have worked in a varistors manufacturer.Now we sell the MOV.

Buy the way,how do you think the varistor market in your market?

Reply to
varistors