Twin T circuit wanted

I did the charge pump, which works. I posted this oscillator, which works. I posted a boost converter, a couple of clamp circuits, an isolated fet driver, lots of things. Have I posted anything that doesn't work? But this is a discussion group; it's perfectly reasonable to conjecture, and post things that don't work, so people can discuss them.

But you confused me with R4. What's it for?

John

Late at night, by candle light, John Larkin penned this immortal opus:

Yeah, the "sensitive" area is quite small, apparently only a few pixels across. Another way is to use a 0 V source instead of the resistor, then you can be sure of polarity too. I recall doing that in some ancient SPICE from the DOS daze.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

The sim runs but i cannot find the wave file. Where do you think it gets put when in wine?

Reply to
JosephKK

That depends on how you set your wine up.

Learn to snip better.

Reply to
BlindBaby

After running the sim point at the component you want to see current through and the cursor should change to look like a black clamp meter instead of a red probe.

It only works on components, for devices with more than 2 terminals you have to get the joint between the dark blue component and the light blue interconnect wiring.

Or you can hold the [Alt] key down and it'll do current instead of voltage on the wires, and a thermometer looking thing (which I haven't figured out how to use) on the components

Jasen Betts

On mine I found it in the same directory as the asc file.

Jasen Betts

--
In wine, I don't know.

In windows it's in the same folder as the .asc file that spawns it.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Not as originally drawn.
Reply to

The thermometer looking thing displays the power dissipation in the component.

Especially for power electronics it's often a good reality check as to whether the circuit is likely to keep the magic smoke in the real world.

It works well for resistors, bipolar transistors and MOSFETs. It also works reasonably well for some LTC opamps, though I wouldn't trust it with active devices that have models of questionable reasoning, such as opamps that will pull electrons out of thin air with no regard to their own neither their power supplies' capabilities.

Reply to
Tim Reede

meter

The alt thing is cute, if I can remember it. Thanks.

John

Wherever you put the .asc file.

find ~ -name bong*

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

meter

Plots dissipation in the component.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

--
Sorry for the delay...

Better yet, I chose a real-world inductor, included the specified
parasitic R, and added, arbitrarily, an ohm as the ESR for the cap
since I was too lazy to go shopping for that.
Reply to
John Fields

at

below

wave

emitter

emitter

Yep. I learned that back when i used Intusoft DOS SPICE 1.41. It was in their book back then.

Reply to
JosephKK

I left the bubble off the schmitt. So shoot me. Or peck me to death. Actually, I posted the same circuit some years back, with the bubble.

You simulated it, oscillating properly, pumping 5 mA into the LED in the right direction, and in the face of the evidence, declared that it couldn't work. Why?

All circuits are like that.

All circuits start with topologies; they get values later. I prefer to think about a circuit for a while before even simulating it. Usually I don't simulate it at all. Most often I think about it and never use it; some circuits are silly but fun to play with. Some stupid circuits, being played with, inspire good circuits. You seem to find all that to be offensive. Some people don't like the uncertainty of that sort of thing. Whatever.

I posted no latching relay circuit, and the power gain of a latching relay is a philosophical debate. Does "unboundedly large" mean "infinite"? Who cares?

I don't ridicule newbies or anyone who is sincere about electronics and reasonably polite. I do ridicule AlwaysWrong and Sloman and useless obtuse fatheads. I've helped JT privately, even shipped him beer, so I can't imagine what's his problem. But I'm not wasting energy over it.

It's a public, unmoderated discussion group. There are a billion people who can post here and piss you off. If you can't play it cool, you'll be angry forever. Enjoy.

John

I still think it is related to how one has their individual wine session set up.

You location is where it should be. I assumed that he had read that notation and already looked there. Ithas to be writing the log file etc somewhere successfully.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

gets

Yep. Right where it should be. Don't know why i couldn't find it the first time. Thanx. Oops, now i see. Should be a while before i make that mistake again.

Reply to
JosephKK

power supply regulation (voltage at Q3 emitter) is much improved by those changes.

Jasen Betts

--
I have no intention of doing either, but you seem to think that
catching your silly errors is an offense worthy of dispatching the

Excellent.

I didn't see, what did you change to lower the Q?

I had meant to suggest tying a series resistor on Q1's emitter signal path.

John Larkin commented that the ringdown was more due to the LC's stored energy than Q1's amplifying role. I wonder, if you took the same LC, ignore your new secondary, leave out Q1, etc., and you gave it a short current spike to get it started, what would the result look like?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win