Transformer

I am preparing Audio amp using, TBA810, this PCB require 12-0-12 V and

1-Amp Transformer, I have purchased

2-Amp 12-0-12 and this has only two O/P terminals(i.e +12 -12 There is no Zero) Can I connect 0 terminal of

PCB to body of transformer? One other thing , Can i subsitute X-mer of

12-0-12 2-Amp With 9-0-9V 1.5Amp.

Thanks Wasim Shaikh

Reply to
WAZ

A 12-0-12 transformer wil provide about 16-0-16V DC since the power supply capacitors charge up to the peak value of the AC voltage.

The 9-0-9 transformer will be the one to use.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

--- No.

If your PCB needs 12-0-12V that needs to come from a 24V transformer with a center tap because the power supply on the PCB will [more than likely] look like this: (View in Courier)

| | MAINS>----+ +---+16v | | 12| | P||S | | R||E-------+ +---one other thing , Can i subsitute X-mer of

--- If it doesn't have a center tap, no.

If it does, you won't be able to get full power out of the amp.

Why don't you just get the right transformer?

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

Ditto that. get the right transformer or wind what you need.

default