toggle switch DPDT

The two center terminals are the moving contacts, and they normally connect to the terminals opposite the handle position. That is, if you hold the switch so the handle moves vertically, and the handle is down, connections will be made between the center and top terminals.

You could always test with an ohmmeter to confirm this.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Don\'t believe everything (anything??? ;) you find on the web.  To
find out for yourself and be sure, you\'ll need to test the switch
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Hello group,

I have a toggle switch DPDT, and a plan to make some wiring.

My question is : with 2 ON position for the toggle switch, how do I find which side is wich ? From what I could find on the web, on DOWN position, I will have 2-3 and 5-6 connected, and with UP position, I will have 2-1 and

5-4. What will tell me where is DOWN, and where is UP . I don't see anything on the switch, except a small plate that says 6V 125VAC, and on the other side, an other plate that says MTS-2.

This is probably a stupid question for most of you, but I would appreciate help from anyone.

Jacquelin Hardy

Reply to
Jacquelin Hardy

If you do not have a continuity tester or an ohm meter, the lamp and a battery from a flashlight and some wire and you can build a simple circuit to test the continuity.

Reply to
DBLEXPOSURE

Generally, with a toggle switch, the center set of pins will connect to the pins on the opposite side of the switch lever's position...YMMV. As others suggest, do a continuity test.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Thank you to John, Peter and Tom and celstuff

Jacquelin

"Jacquelin Hardy" a écrit dans le message de news: XDNNe.68926$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...

Reply to
Jacquelin Hardy

with toggle switches typically the pins furthest from the handle are connected, but they aren't all like that.

hook it up to a battery and a small light bulb. and test it out for yourself.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts