Si-diodes in Second World War radar & Communication equipment

I saw a very-well-endowed gal in Chandler Fashion Mall with this T-shirt logo...

Happiness Is A Warm Puppy

disagrees

--
I\'m not talking about any particular mistake, I\'m talking about all the
silly little diversions and the dance you do when you\'re confronted with

--
I usually get incredulous looks and some little kid saying: "Mommy,
look, it\'s Santa!"

JF
Reply to
John Fields

disagrees

You *really* need a life.

John

Certainly not I.

I\'m being sarcastically critical of _you_ by implying that, since one is
known by the company one keeps, your admitted preference for _totally_
female "peers" kind of puts you in that camp.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Wait until he says, for such a short guy, I have a big... ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You are really losing it. Back off, count to ten, press reset, and try to start thinking again.

I genuinely like and enormously respect women, and would rather, all other things being equal, spend time with women than with men. But I've never met a female circuit designer (lots of programmers, scientists, managers, just no real circuit designers) so I do that with guys.

So how does a preference for women friends put me "in the camp" of people who debase women?

A lot of guys really don't like women. They want them, need them, but don't like them. How do you rate in that respect? I've noticed that this group seems to pile onto any woman who dares to post here, and you tend to be part of the gang.

John

5'7.5". Maybe hard to estimate from your extreme elevation.

I met John at one of those trade shows in LA, and got about

Your file cabinet has a warranty?

Kids and dogs and women seem to like me. I work at appearing innocuous, to make a neutral first impression until I size up a situation. That seems to work in most business situations.

John

By casting aspersions on males and then equating those aspersions to
what you consider to be female "characteristics", you cast aspersions on
women just for being women.  Can\'t you see that?

Probably not, since the "knowledge" you say you share is, more often
than not, banal and "Hey, look at me!  Ain\'t I great???"
Reply to
John Fields

Geez, I hope you don't use that sort of logic when you design your 555 circuits.

I prefer broccoli to brussels sprouts, ice cream to tapioca, picoseconds to milliseconds, women to men. Where are "aspersions" in any of that? If I have maligned any food products or time units, it wasn't intentional.

You didn't answer my question about if you actually like women. If you prefer men, go for it.

John

Boy, you don't remember stuff too good, do you? ;-) I took a picture of them stuck to my file cabinet, posted it on a.b.s.e, and you said that I'd voided the warranty. I asked, "What, by not cutting them in two?" because you had mentioned being able to separate the saying from the logo and address & stuff. You said, with much indignation, "They're _REFRIGERATOR_ magnets!" (I don't remember the exact level of emphasis, but it _was_ emphasized! ;-) )

I can't quote chapter and verse, because google doesn't archive alt., which I don't get any more anyway. )-;

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
Now Bill...

So you _can\'t_ see it. Figures...
Reply to
John Fields

A brain is like a file cabinet: it can only hold so much, so file the important stuff and recycle the rest.

John

But you just did.

John

I brought an error very like that around here a while back. I had to eat it. Search for it.

invented yet.

cans ]

diode.

Reply to
JosephKK

--
Geez, no wonder you\'re having trouble finding a divide-by circuit.

I commented on your _statement_ by asking a question.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

My brain would beg to differ here. I remember _everything_, unless I'm in a blackout drunk state, which I don't do very much any more.

And I'd claim that there's no theoretical limit, since "memories" and stuff aren't held in some finite file cabinet-thing, but are stored in patterns of synapses; you don't grow any new neurons, but there's no known limit to the number of synapses you can grow - oh, yeah - we make new synapses everything something makes an impact on us - I think the expression of emotion releases hormones or enzymes or something that stimulate synapse growth.

Ever notice that you remember stuff that was a big deal at the time, but not mundane stuff, like what you had for lunch last week? :-)

You remember your downhill run - do you remember the T-bar ride just before it? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I read about some people who remember everything. It's more a curse than a blessing. One guy says that the slightest input - a name, a sound, a number - unleashes a flood of memories that can be overwhelming.

There are lots of things better off forgotten.

John

You might try Internet replayer, it archives some of a.b.s.e.

Reply to
JosephKK

--
Unless you have memories of actions which you\'d like to forget, why
would you say that?