Question-SI Model in Spectre SI

Hi all, I am currently study Spectre SI of Cadence Allegro and found some problem : 1. How can I build connector model in DML? 2. Some small component such as diodes, transistors, xtals, can not find model in internet. How do I model them?

JH

Reply to
twjohn

Ok, just a few problems here...

It is Allegro PCB SI, but it can use Spectre for the simulator. However , that is a very advanced situation, usually far beyond someone having basic library problems.

  1. Connector models usually come from manufacturers if you are doing something specific. Otherwise, the tool will automatically create them when you build them.

  1. If you are using SI, you usually don't do much with diodes, transistors or crystals, since the tool doesn't simulate them. If you are using Spectre, then the models for use with that tool are usually included, and are basically spice models that you can find all over the place...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson