seeing voltage levels on IC Chips

What I would like to do is to put a clip on a 16-64 pin chip and see what is happening on each pin. Using a computer or dedicated Hardware and see what the voltages are, what the grounds are, the VCC, See the digital signal with the frequency. I know a Logic Analyzer can track the high and low but is there anything that provides this kind of detail? Thanks Uriah

Reply to
Uriah

What are your requirements for speed, precision and budget ? Is this for test and measurement purposes where you need to verify large amounts of parts, or for debugging a single one ?

Reply to
Arlet

Hi, Uriah. What's wrong with a 4-channel DSO (Digital Storage Oscilloscope) and a glompers clip on the IC?

I can't recall that I've ever needed to see more than four digital pins/channels in all their analog glory at one time. Actually, never more than two. And this would be your best reasonable cost solution.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris