Remote controlled laser pointer?

I'd like to have this for a magic trick:

A laser pointer rigged to go on and off by remote control. Is there a remote-controlled relay that I could wire into the switch ?

Reply to
Mitch

Jeeze, there are dozzens of ways to close contacts by remote control.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Garage door opener?? Where I live, Conrad has(had?) a nice unit.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

That's helpful. Especially in a group called BASICS.

Reply to
Mitch

Really sorry Mitch but even in basics we expect that at least you would do some research. Its not that hard to find many solutions to your problem. Find some. Ask questions about what you found.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Go to page 5 or 6. He has a 1 ch remote control available for like $15.00. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Ron M.

I think it's a bigger issue than that he may not have done any research.

His question was pretty vague, and any solution depends on the description. If it can't properly be described, then others can't very well supply a suitable solution.

The answer was on par with the question.

We don't have a clue what the poster wants. Does he merely want a switch that is a few inches away from the laser pointer, does he want it controlled with wires, or radio, or infrared?

The actually "switch" is easy, a relay or even a transistor. But controlling it depends on the details we don't yet have.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black