installing a remote switch

I have cooling unit with an on/off switch inside the casing. I want to install a remotely controlled on/off switch. I have already purchased the remote switch and have tested it on a household light and it works fine at a distance of 25 yards. In fact, it is an RF type switch that works through walls, etc. The switch (relay) module has mains input/output wires 240 V A/C and a maximum load of 1000watts.

Here's the wiring diagram of the cooling unit:

I would like to switch the compressor on and off with the remote switch or if that's not possible, then switch the whole thing on/off.

The question is where do I put it?

Reply to
jim

Find the thermostat wires and put the relay contacts in series with them.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Howdy Jim......Travis has the best idea really regards interrupting the t-stat though I don't see it available on that barrier strip. Another possibility (depending on how manual this system is) would be to interrupt either pressure switch as often they're both required to be closed for normal operation and interrupt if out of range either way. If this info is processed for a failure though, could be a worse problem.

Reply to
GS

install

switch and

yards. In fact,

module has

if that's not

Whatever you do, DON'T defeat the 3 minute timer kit when you do it. You don't want to accidentally restart the compressor immediately after stopping it. BAD, BAD, BAD. In the thermostat line is safe, but may not be doable with the remote. Can you post the diagram or spec for that?

NSM

I only have one wiring diagram. I don't have a clue where the thermostat is anyway or what it might look like. On the bottom left corner of the diagram, it refers to the fan speed speed control sensor. Is this a thermostat?

What is the purpose of the 3-minute timer and why would restarting the compressor immediately be bad?

Reply to
jim

thermostat?

No.

You'll destroy it. The heads are under pressure.

NSM