PIC18F programming

Well, after copious amounts of searching, I came up with this site for a PICkit 2 adapter to program PIC18F's:

When I plug it in and try to download my hex file, the software just says 'insert device'. Do I need to press the 'reset' button at some point in the process?

Before I go assuming I've blown my chip, can anyone see any obvious problems with the circuit as drawn?

I've checked my wiring 3 times, and doubtless I'll be checking it a few more. I'm specifically trying to get it to work with a PIC18F2455.

Any help/observations/advice is welcome.

Reply to
Randy Day