part search

hey people,

I am looking for a specific part. I was wandering what are the technique you use to find a specific part. Is there a software out there you would just punch in NPN, Vcb=500v max etc... and I would see all the possible part number and code availabe. If not, how do you go about it ?

thanks

ken

Reply to
Ken O

has the best parametric parts search function. You'll love it.

Reply to
kell

Hi, Ken. Most semiconductor manufacturer websites have parametric search capability. For your transistor, I'd just go to the ST Microelectronics website:

click bipolar transistors, then click on the parametric table selection for the type of transistor you need.

For high voltage transistors sorted by V(ceo), they show a couple of dozen parts that will do the job. You can sort by voltage, Ic, or whatever parameter you want.

Most other semiconductor manufacturers have the same capabilities -- it's much better than flipping through catalogs. Take a minute to learn how to use the parametric filters to make your job a bit easier.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris