Slightly OT: Looking for old LED Part

I have this ancient Fluke 8000A DMM that has a bad segment in one of the display LEDs. I seem to not be able find a replacement. The manual says the part (manufacturer part) ID is either:

DL707-811 or Q3202

The schematic shows a 14pin common anode device.

Ideas anyone?

Oh - while I'm at it - can anyone recommend a cheap/good cal lab to adjust this machine?

TIA,

Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com
Tim Daneliuk

"Tim Daneliuk" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.tundraware.com...

Nope, don't know that part or any like it. Perhaps you could try a industry standard LCD-Display with the same measurements.

For the second question I do know the answer. The best and cheapest one can be found on Mars ;) I guess you know now that you wont get a good answer on this one, try adding some direction on the World map.

Why would you like to adjust (calibrate?) this machine, most of the time you don't need this, it's just required by regulations. I myself have an old Fluke 73 and never experienced trouble or wrong information (compared to a calibrated one). When it was calibrated for free, I asked if they needed to adjust something. The answer was No.

Greetings,

Alexander

Reply to
Alexander

There are only a few standard LED digit configurations, and most of them are still being made.

Those sound like the ancient MAN-something displays that came in a

14-pin DIP configuration (pins in two vertical rows). You can buy new ones from disties (check Fairchild). You'll probably have to replace all the digits because the brightness of modern pin-compatible displays will be sooo much higher.

I also see one for sale on eBay for $18 BIN, which would be an other way to get the parts. 7528978060 Caution- shipping cost is not specified, but he's gotten no negs or neutrals on shipping cost- check before bidding.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

have seen them at activesurplus if you are in this area. activesurplus.com toronto canada

Reply to
ryan wiehle

Hi Tim:

A google search turned up:

HP 5082-7750 7-Seg. Dis. Red .4" LHDP HP & Com. Anode

*Subs. IEE1711, MAN72A, DL707,CSS-312R & SEA311ORE

So, if this is correct, it seems that a MAN72A would work, and that takes you to:

...and Fairchild indicates that this is an active (still made) part. Mouser carries them, see

Check the datasheet against the part that you have to make sure it's a sub, of course!

Good Luck!

TJL

Tom LeMense

What exactly did you use for a search string. When I did this, I got more-or-less no meaningful results back.

It would also appear that the MAN3920A might work. I'm going to have to compare spec sheets. Unfortunately, I have no specs for the original.

Thanks for the help (and to everyone else as well) ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key:

Tim Daneliuk

Hi Tim,

I used "DL707 LED" from Yahoo, and the first hit I got had all those subs listed. I usually try to enter as little of the part number as possible, and perhaps the type of component it is I'm looking for.

Also, if you find a place that does meter calibration for reasonable rates, please post to the group!

TJL

Reply to
Tom LeMense