HP 10544A Oscillator Service Manual Search

Hi - Does anyone know if there ever existed a service manual for the HP 10544A crystal oscillator? I know that there is a manual for the 10811 and this osc is very similar to the 10544, but I would like a copy of the service manual if it exists.

Does anyone have any insight to this? Thanks Jim WB5KYE

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

Hi Jim,

The Operator and Service Manual for the HP 10811 A and B is available at

I don't know if it covers your model/version, but, as far as I know, it is the only one available for download.

73, Antonio I8IOV

Reply to
Antonio Iovane

Thanks for post this. Can you tell us which one is for the 10811?

Is there any index or cross-reference list to tell what the files are?

This seems to be a very unusual site. A woman author with a bunch of HP manuals. This is great, but any idea what gives?

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

The manual covers HP 10811A, 10811B, 10811-60101, 10811-60105 quartz crystal oscillators. It seems that all of them have the same circuitry, and that 10811B has a different case and connections. 10811A, 10811-60101 and 10811-60105 are closely similar but the specs are slightly different (phase noise not specified for 10811-60101, and the 10811-60105 being a 10811-60101 a bit less stable). Anyway, to quote the manual, 10811-60101 and

10811-60105 ARE PHYSICALLY IDENTICAL to 10811A. I own two 10811-60111, not mentioned in the manual, and I think they are the same as 10811A but with some different specs. Anyway I know that the 10811-60111 has the same stability as 10811A, according to the specs of the apparatus it is mounted on.

The file names are self explanatory: as an example, for the 10811 the file name is 10811-90002.pdf, where 90002 might be a date code. Look at the first groups of digits in the filenames.

Yes indeed. I didn't know that site until yesterday when I'we been pointed to it by the BAMA website (

).

Regards, Antonio, ham radio operator I8IOV in Italy.

Reply to
Antonio Iovane

The one labeled "10811-90002.pdf". There are actually quite a lot of manuals on the Agilent website now, too. Unfortunately, none for the

10544A.

Jim...email me and I may be able to give you a reference that will get you what you want.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Great - Thanks, Antonio.

I discovered the reason why I couldn't find the 10811 file using a search.

The "8" key has become intermittent on my keyboard and there are no files containing "1011":) Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

The -xxxxx (-90002 in this case) is not a data code. HP part numbers, for parts common to many instruments/products, are xxxx-xxxx -- and commonly known as "4 by 4" part numbers. Part numbers specific to a product or a small product family are "5 by 5" numbers, the first five digits being the product family number (such as 10811), and the last five follow a convention: those beginning with 9 are manuals and similar documentation. PC assemblies would have different 5 by 5 numbers. You'll find examples of these numbers in the 10811-90002 manual, both 4 by 4 and 5 by 5, and you can get an idea that the first

4 digits of the 4 by 4's represent a type of part...

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Thanks for the elucidation, Tom. Cheers, Antonio

Reply to
Antonio Iovane

Thanks to all... I actually have an original 10811 service manual. I was hoping to finding the 10544 service manual (if it even exists). I do have a copy of the schematic for the 10544, so I'm good there. Thanks again.. Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan