OT: Easel Question

Does there exist an "easel" that would solve my problem...

Propping paper drawings between monitor and Function keys of keyboard is unstable :-(

Perhaps someone makes something? ...Jim Thompson

Would a clip that holds the paper to the side of the monitor work for you?

E.g.,

-- although I know I've seen many others over time.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Nope, the monitor is already 23" wide, so looking down works better than looking away. ...Jim Thompson

Found this...

ONLY $170 :-( ...Jim Thompson

Found on Amazon at

Check office supply stores. I have used a clip board and little wire rack in the past, when I was transcribing book chapters into the computer.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Still a bit spendy, but a lot of that sort of thing is these days.

It looks like your keyboard is already on a slide-out drawer beneath the main desktop surface, right?

If that's the case, you might think about mounting the monitor on an arm attached to the wall or the back of the desk so that you can gain the space that's currently occupied and blocked by the monitor's own stand.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"In-Line Document Holder" gives a lot of hits- starting at < $25.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I use a thing that holds papers on either side of my keyboard, and it includes work lighting and mouse support. It's called a "desk."

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Oooooh! Who would have thought that? Of course, if you could read...

and view the photo...

you'd know why I didn't want to do that.

I ordered...

which will be delivered tomorrow. ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

This comment is intended to demonstrate the JT is dumb?

Reply to
brent

Any comment by Larkin is intended to denigrate. The snot-nosed little SOB must always be center-stage.

I wish he would butt out. When I post I AM NOT seeking his advice. What village idiot (besides Ian Field) would ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Hey, petition to start sci.electronics.design.oldhens.moderated. You could rule the roost!

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You just can't stand to not be a troublemaker, can you?
Reply to
John Fields

Art

Reply to
Artemus

--
I usually just sticky-tape it to the monitor.

Another trick...

I wrap a  paper towel around my mouse pad and when it gets dirty,
unwrap it and wrap a new one around it.

Works great!
Reply to
John Fields

I do that with Post-it Notes, though I'm gravitating towards using "stickies" ...

I wash them with liquid dish soap, until they reach "grunge", then replace. ...Jim Thompson

Search for CopyHolder...

Martin Riddle

If your monitor is a CRT, the static on the glass face will hold the paper.. ..might be slightly impractical if you want to see both..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wouldn't be very entertaining.

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse