--
Squirm, squirm, wriggle, wriggle...
Reply to
John Fields

So what?
Reply to
John Fields

--
I guess you won\'t be getting any emails from him any time soon,
then...
Reply to
John Fields

Since I offer no email address that is self evident.

You show yourself to be a complete dolt - again. Will it ever end?

--
.
.

And yet you cannot win an argument - ever. So clearly you are the winner of the Dumb Ass of the Year award. Can Darwin be far behind?

--
.
.

--
These aren\'t arguments, pinhead, they\'re just me having a little fun
reeling you in and out and watching you trying to get the hook out

What was it Larkin called you, "Pain Slut"?  Indeed!
Reply to
John Fields

--
Merely a device you use to keep from having to come to the
realization that even if you did publish an email address your in

True. Unlike you I think at a level well above that.

--
.
.

No, these are just the ad hominem crap you always resort to when your are defeated - which is all the time.

--
.
.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

and they also make some oddball scopes, scopes with plugins, and other

There is a list of HP and Tek scoes as long as your arm that are perfectly "normal" and usable for a beginner.

As I pointed out in my other post somewhere, digital scopes are usually NOT one of these, regardless of the brand. Nothing inherently wrong with a plug-in scope. Any general purpose analog oscilloscope is what the OP needs.

Telling a beginner to avoid HP and Tek scopes outright must rank right up there on the dumb post of the year award.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

No, your post won that one.

Post a list of the ones that are OK and the ones that are not OK to buy if you are buying your first scope and know nothing about them.

What does he do if he buys one that needs plugins and can't find them?

--
.
.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

How about you post a list of ones that aren't OK first?

Oh gee, let me guess, umm, he doesn't buy it in the first place? The OP should already be getting the gist of this now, so shouldn't be rushing out and buy some big hunking old Tek with empty slots. Just your stand dual channel 20MHz+ CRO with the basic knobs is all he needs.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

history.Yes, and they also make some oddball scopes, scopes with plugins, and other

M...
LOOK_W0QQ...
Condition_W0QQit...

Yep on all 3 of those Kit. The 2213 or 2215 is probably slightly easier to use than the 465. Nothing fancy to confuse you, this is what you want, a nice basic dual channel analog oscilloscope. Buy one and enjoy!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

No, he buys it and realizes the problem when it arrives.

Which covers almost everything EXCEPT HP and Tek.

--
.
.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

it and realizes the problem when it arrives.

Oh really? What about those three Tek's the OP gaves links for on eBay? They look like normal dual channel analog scopes to me. Even you said they were ok. MANY other manufacturers also have wierdo scopes of one kind or another that could confuse a beginner. Almost any digital scope design from any manufacturer before the current crop of "analog operation like" DSO's fits that bill.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

--
Unless he\'s as stupid as you are (you say you own seven scopes and
yet you don\'t even know the difference between dual trace and dual

My advice to a first time buyer was valid.

Clearly the OP is NOT buying one of these on his own, but on recommendations from those here who have looked at the choices on eBay.

Your argument is stupid. Go away.

--
.
.

I found one in the dumpster - I figure the Great Pumpkin left it for me!

Keep your eyes open!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My 545 (right, the one from about 1959 with the plug-ins that went up to about 30MHz, not the 100MHz one from a decade or so later) came that way, sort of. Someone working at a hospital found it, complete with plug-ins and manual, the claim being it was garbage. In retrospect, I'm thinking he found it before it made it out to the actual dumpster. And I ended up with it.

I have seen scopes waiting for the garbage trucks, though I have no idea of what state they are in. I saw one that looked about the size of that

545, and didn't even bother to cross the street to check it out since I had one and I wasn't about to carry it home. I saw one in a dumpster another time, and it was there for at least a week. Someone was looking for a scope in the local buy and sell newsgroup, and I mentioned it, and suddenly it was gone the next day.

On the other hand, my first scope I got for five dollars in 1973 or so, at the local amateur radio club auction. Barely handled audio, and of course no triggered sweep or DC coupling. Dated from the fifties or late forties. It was horrible, but it was a great thing to play with and learn the basics. But was it ever heavy. The case itself was as heavy as the rest. WHen I got a better one, I gave it to someone else, who proceeded to get it home on the bus.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Hi, I received my oscilloscope yesterday, and am quite happy with it. I got a Tektronix 2213 with probes for $110.00. A bit over my original price range but after watching ebay for awhile I decided that I would have to a little higher. Any way I am happy with the scope, thanks to all who helped me find it. But I am quite appalled at the way people cluttered up this thread with useless, insulting (to everyone) posts.

-Kit

Reply to
Kit