Need help identifying and locating DIP-packaged trimpot resistor

Aloha!

I'm reverse engineering an early 1980s era PCB. On the board is this DIP-packaged trimpot resistor. Its dimensions is typical of a 14-pin 74-series package.

The part consists of three 10K ohm trimpot resistors. From the schematic diagram (package is labeled MP1,) the three groups are:

trimpot 1 - pins 2, 13, 14 trimpot 2 - pins 6, 9, 10 trimpot 3 - pins 4, 11, 12

I've been searching all over Google for this part. The part has no identifying marks. I'd like to buy a bunch of these.

Thanks!

Reply to
groink1

** It would be simple enough to make your own. Just three mini 10k trimpots and a 14 pin DIL header.

Plus some offcuts of resistor lead and a few minutes with a fine tip iron.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yup, if all else fails, I'll probably end up doing this.

Reply to
groink1

The images make it look a bit "home grown" to begin with.

to the OP, Why not just use three trim pots? What's the advantage of having them in a DIP?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That does look kinda crude -- Russian or older Chinese, maybe? Or crafted in someone's garage.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Poke around here:

Tom Biasi

Trying to keep the "look" of this project as original as possible.

Reply to
groink1

Bingo!!! That's it!! I actually "tried" to go to this site, but my workplace firewall blocked it. I would've saved a lot of time if I pursued this site further.

Reply to
groink1

Get square trim pots and group them in threes, call it good?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Reply to
Tim Wescott

OK if that's important, then as Phil said, fab your own. (It seems silly to me to add cost to your customer for look, though I also agree that look is important. You should multiple your cost by ~3. (or pi :^) how much is the dip pack worth? vs three trim pots in a row on pcb.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Your second picture clearly shows 7103C

Reply to
Tom Biasi

I actually didn't see that. I should've looked at the photos. I really need a magnifying glass.

Reply to
groink1