sequential transistor relay

Good Day Sir/Ma'am,

I'm a technician and I am in need of schematic diagram of a sequential four transistor driven relay which i will needing for my project as part of my study. I have a single input source driven by LDR, the first relay should be turne d on and then off,while the second, third and fourth relay should be remain off, then when the LDR is active the second relay should be turned on and then off for a few seconds. and so with the third and fourth relay. when on e relay is active the other should not be active.

thank you very much.

Reply to
mcgyver009

Check out Picaxe controllers. Cheap, easy to apply, easier than dealing with a hard-wired circuit if you want to tweak the timing. Timing can be easily set with millisecond precision. Outputs can drive sensitive relays directly but a relay driver like one of the ULM series of IC would up the drive to a half amp per relay.

Their forum is excellent for people willing to help you get started.

Arduino can also do it, but costs a little more and has a steeper learning curve. Another good forum if you need help. Arduino is way over-kill IMO but it should be a lot of fun learning..

A string of 555 monostables could be used to do the same thing, but not as flexible and each would have be adjusted individually if timing precision is a design requirement.

How tight are the timing requirements? Is there a need to abort/truncate the sequence?

Reply to
default