need help identifying component....

Got a Nikon Coolpix P3 digicam for repair. I see a pitted 8 pin smd dip package with " D91 04 BU" written on it. Anyone here knows what the complete part number or prefix might be? The component lies in the power supply DC-DC section. Pins 4 and 5 are grounded. Pins 1 and 8 seem to be supply points (not connected to each other). A service manual would help plenty. Thanks in anticipation, Jango

Reply to
jango2

Got a Nikon Coolpix P3 digicam for repair. I see a pitted 8 pin smd dip package with " D91 04 BU" written on it. Anyone here knows what the complete part number or prefix might be? The component lies in the power supply DC-DC section. Pins 4 and 5 are grounded. Pins 1 and 8 seem to be supply points (not connected to each other). A service manual would help plenty. Thanks in anticipation, Jango

Reply to
jango2

Digital cameras are repaired by authorized services. Any service information, for independents, is tough to obtain. Also, parts are a problem.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Thanx for the encouragement love, where'd i be without u?. Almost everything is repaired by those glorified authorised service centres these days, does that mean i should wind up my act and make a career shift??? Grow onions maybe?, i hear onion prices are spiraling. Well, i found the datasheet, it's a BD9104FVM = single channel dc/dc convertor controller. Now i hope i get a replacement. Still keen on that Nikon coolpix p3 service manual. This unit's been messed with. Jango.

Reply to
jango2

It's a conspiracy! Oh well, I like onions.

Reply to
Charles Schuler