Light Emitting Cuttlefish Fabric

The light could come from every intersection in the weave of the fabric so that the entire thing glowed, i..e., the power supplied by + one direction of the weave and - the other. This needs to be cheap to produce yet still work after being washed 400 times.

Eventually it could be upgraded with software to have all kinds of constantly changing designs, much like a cuttlefish.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

You lost the first mountain stage but you still have the yellow jersey from the time trials and flat stages. While going up an 8% grade a guy in dots passes you and two minutes later you look up a switch back to see his dots turn solid yellow. You look down to see the yellow fading from your shirt. Nothing left but telecom ads. Better pedal a little harder.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just use a real cuttlefish?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It would be too small and would be smelly after it died.

Besides, cuttlefish positively suck at checkerboard, stripes, calico, paisley and other patterns popular with humans.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Have you ever given one one of these patterns and checked to see how well it does? On edjamacaishunal teevee, I saw a cuttlefish do almost a perfect checkerboard on its back.

Paisley is trivial when you see the stuff a cuttlefish can some up with. The color cells on their skin, like octopi. are like an integral part of a distributed brain.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

They are so bad at stripes they have to hold an arm or leg up to try to blend in.

It looks really dorky.

Maybe mustard greens but not flat leaf parsley.

Screw the ipad. I want some luminescent night time cycling clothes that are anti-camouflage. When I pass by a picket fence the shirt lights up with bars orthogonal to the fence and in opposite colors, or whatever would be best.

Why is the military dragging their feet on this? Where is Steve Jobs and those fashion designers when you really need them?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

So, go ahead and make one and watch the world beat a path to your door.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I want some luminescent night time cycling clothes that are anti-camouflage. When I pass by a picket fence the shirt lights up with bars orthogonal to the fence slats and in opposite colors, or whatever would be optimal.

Has anyone done any cuttlefish software with cameras and conventional flat panel? Studying the skin of a cuttlefish requires 5 M Px but it might be easier to start off with something

Reply to
Bret Cahill