LED help

hey if this posted twice sorry had a problem but i build modle cars for a hobby and was wondering what i would need and how to put LEDs in my cars forsorta headlight and tail light effect. i have three models that i would like to put all on a normal plug in. i wanna have one car that has 2 red and 2 white and another car that has 2 red and 2 white and my last car which would have 2 red and 2 white and 2 green. is there a was i could have them all connected and then put them all to the same plug which would plug in to a normal house hold plug??

Reply to
Hallhair

Yes. All you need is a DC wall wart, a 5V power supply and some wire.

A 5V power supply like this would do nicely.

Basically the wall wart draws DC current and the power supply clamps it to 5V and about 500 mA. From there, you just connect the wires to the leds in a parallel fashion (you can use a resistor to limit the current if your leds are small) and you can light it up anytime or all of the time if you want.

So to summarize : Wall wart -> 5V power supply -> Leds

As I am an amature myself, I hope my advice is correct. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me anyone.

Reply to
Hindian

Take a look at this web page on information how to wire up the led's:

The resistors are required for current limiting.

Reply to
Steve Kite