IR Transmitter

I am a complete beginner. I just bought the Proton Dev Board MKII plus LCD

I would like to create an IR Transmitter/remote control for my Sony DVD Player (DVP-NS575P) to get started. If I would like to make button

1 on the board to send "Play" and button 2 to "Stop", how do you code them in PIC BASIC?

I am using Proton Lite right now and has ordered Proton Development Suite.

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,

Indra

Reply to
Indra Suryanata

Unless someone has the control codes for your DVD player, your best bet would be to build an IR *receiver* first. Then aim your DVD remote at it, press 'play,' and record the ?30? bits of data plus the pulse width timing.

Reply to
William J. Beaty

I've seen several discussions on very similar topics in the past.

Reply to
Colubris

An extra IR Receiver might not necessary. Just open your DVD remote case, use your oscilloscope to probe the signal. You would have to understand the protocol of the remote using. From there, 'decode' the signal from the oscilloscope yourself.

Reply to
Wong

Thanks a lot for everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

I have tried the user forums at picbasic.org, but no responses.

Anyway, I will try all your suggestions. Thanks again.

Indra

Reply to
Indra Suryanata