Ideas for pump and it's circuitry

I salvaged a pump that is used to inflate a bed.

It uses a wired controller that you press to inflate and deflate.

One motor is broken and the bigger one works great.

I am thinking it is the one for inflating.

I am looking for uses for the controller in particular.

Could I use it to momentarily turn on a step down transformer that powers a small paper shredder?

I would leave the switch to the shredder in the ON position and then hit the controller for how ever long it took to shred a few documents.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Mint

So, you're going to walk over to the shredder and load the papers, then walk back to your desk to turn it on?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I salvaged a pump that is used to inflate a bed.

It uses a wired controller that you press to inflate and deflate.

One motor is broken and the bigger one works great.

I am thinking it is the one for inflating.

I am looking for uses for the controller in particular.

Could I use it to momentarily turn on a step down transformer that powers a small paper shredder?

I would leave the switch to the shredder in the ON position and then hit the controller for how ever long it took to shred a few documents.

Thanks, Andy

Need more info. I don't think anyone knows what you have. Explain the device a little better. See what's in it and tell us.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

--
Usually, in a small shredder, there's a switch which turns on the
shredder motor when paper is inserted, and turns it off when it's

Why not use that same switch to cause the controller to turn the new
motor on when paper is inserted, and off when the shredding is
finished?
Reply to
John Fields

All the shredders I have used already do that, they start when paper is inserted and turn of when paper is gone, do you have some older design or big industrial beast?

Reply to
F Murtz

What I have is a blower that WAS used to inflate a bed.

It has a corded controller that controls it.

One switch, when pressed continuously, operates the blower.

I am guessing it is a safety design.

Wouldn't want the matress blowing up if someone walked away during inflation. :-)

For now, it works as a high speed fan that puts out a large amount of air, though it is too loud for use as a fan.

I stashed it until something comes up where I might see a good use for it.

Andy

A solenoid was used to switch between inflating and deflating

Reply to
Mint

That's what I was thinking, but maybe it would be better used as a fan.

I would like to add a hose to suck up dust from my sander. The sander already has a exhaust fitting.

Andy

Reply to
Mint

It is great to light a BBQ.

--
pim.
Reply to

If you'll buy the extension cord, I will be good to go.

Would you like my address?

Andy

Reply to
Mint

What I have is a blower that WAS used to inflate a bed.

It has a corded controller that controls it.

One switch, when pressed continuously, operates the blower.

I am guessing it is a safety design.

Wouldn't want the matress blowing up if someone walked away during inflation. :-)

For now, it works as a high speed fan that puts out a large amount of air, though it is too loud for use as a fan.

I stashed it until something comes up where I might see a good use for it.

Andy

A solenoid was used to switch between inflating and deflating

It sounds like all you really have is a device that switches two pumps. Not really anything more than switches and a relay. I think you have a solution in need of a problem.

Regards, Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi