Inexpensive airlift pump

I've been working on schematics for a new project, but came across a problem. Does anyone know how to make an inexpensive water pump? I've been thinking about trying to use pvc pipes with a compressed air can to make a airlift pump. Does anyone know if that will work and how much use it will handle before replacement is needed? Also I'm new member to this group, feel free to say welcome!

Reply to
Braindrool