Host interface

I've previously ask this question however i did not get a reply.

I have a module that interfaces using;

1) MII PHY 2) GPSI PHY 3) MII Host/DTE

I've searched typical Ethernet transceivers to communicate using the MII PHY. However, the Ethernet interface circuit is taking for too long to build.

I was wondering can i use the simple RS232?

Reply to
Ant_Magma

I seem to remember replying - my apologies, I was netless for a few days.

The short answer is you do not have (listed above) a RS232 interface. You have an ethernet (802.3 actually) interface. There may be a serial port on the unit.

What is the device?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I keep thinking RS232 is possible because i'm confused with the MII Host/DTE.

It's a Belfuse 0804-5000-03 Powerline networking module

I'm just trying to c what other options i have if i cant make the ethernet transceiver work in time. I've ordered DP83847 but i haven't got them yet.

Reply to
Ant_Magma

I took a look at the device and your only option to make it work is to have a host interface to control it (and that's a host interface that knows how to control an ethernet device via the usual methods). One option is to get a MII compatible PHY and configure it across ethernet,

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS