Connecting Ethernet device to PLC chipset

Hello all,

I have developed an Ethernet solution and I am hoping to be able to connect it to a HomePlug chipset. The device that I am looking at is the INT5200 from intellon

The product brief states that it contains the following connections;

A USB1.1 device interface for connection to a USB host An MII PHY (IEEE 802.3u) / GPSI interface for interconnection to microcontrollers or Ethernet controllers An MII Host / DTE interface (IEEE 802.3u) for direct connection to an Ethernet PHY

USB is obvious, an MII Host / DTE interface is also clearly an MII connection, and GPSI is a serial communication channel between it and a microcontroller.

I am unclear, however, on the meaning of An MII PHY in this context. Is this intended for connecting Ethernet controllers directly on the differential i/o?? If anyone could clarify this for me then this is highly appreciated.

Best Regards, Nick Palmius

Reply to
Ngroups.NET