Help modifying SR Latch to JK Latch

Hi,

I am trying to convert SR latch to JK latch. I have looked up several places on the web and I don't understand some of the transition states in JK that corresponds to SR latch. When SR=11, the Q(t+1) in SR are not determined or not defined. So when you draw K-maps to determine what JK input will be fed to SR latch for the modification the corresponding state of SR does Q(t) -> Q(t+1) = 1 to dont care. My question is what do you assume dont care to be in this case.

Thanks,

moatesim

You would need to add gates in front of the SR to detect the 11 condition and based on the state of the SR outputs enable the enable to the corect input to toggle the flip flop

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

JK simply allows toggling of output when when JK are both 1 the RS type are undefined which really means i gess it would not respond to any change when RS = 1 and Clk goes 1. etc.. i guess it was just remain at the last value. i don't know how you would combine the actions of JK to RS with out effecting other operations. you could tie back the Q's to the RS inputs ?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5