Where can I find a PAL with SR latch ?

Hi :-)

Here my newbie question :-) Where can I find PAL with SR instead of D latches ? My ttl simple machine need set and reset functions. Is there a such thing ?

Noob :-)

Reply to
:-)

You can make a SR latch using combinatorial logic. In CUPL it would look like : q = q & !reset # set;

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Let say in a PAL20R6A, now do I get rideoff the clock ? I need a strait SR latch :-)

Reply to
:-)

If you don't need the clock, tie it to GND and leave it alone. The same holds for all flipflops with asynchrone preset and clear.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You don't. PALs are extremely obsolete - use a GAL, as each macrocell can be configured as synchronous or asynchronous.

If you really need to use a 20R6, use one of the two non-registered outputs.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

configured as

That's what I concluded also :-) Some GALs seem to have SR latches :-)

Reply to
:-)