Help IDing colors on part

Yup. Generally if multiple parts are fried then at least one of a class of events that are known in technical terms as "Really Bad" has happened to the board. The damage is rarely limited to just the parts that are visibly damaged.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

If you think the zeners, resistors, and capacitors just all happened to "go bad at the same time" and were the cause of the failure, you'll be surprised when you replace them all and they all burn up again.

I too am not happy when it's time to replace the twenty-year old timer in the washer or drier, but $70 for a spare part to keep the appliance running another couple decades doesn't seem so bad.

Tim.

My hope is that one part on the PCB went bad causing the other failures. If it something external to the PCB, I probably wasted $42 on the new PCB I ordered. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Check; that "white" band was, like i implied, not spaced properly. At least the colors were not too far off..

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's not big enough to be a 2W. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I ordered the pcb Monday morning online, I received the part Wednesday afternoon. Installed all the connectors and put the voltmeter across the resistor that had to many volts across it. When I powered it up the resistor had half the voltage it did before, so far so good. It's working fine. Many cudos to partsdr for a very low price about half of other sites, and fast shipping!

Many thanks, Sphero

Thanks all, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

--
Thanks for this and thanks for that, but how about just a token of
appreciation to the US DOD, and our tax dollars, which made it all

Yes John, one of the few legitimate use of our tax dollars is in the defense of our great country. Thank you to all the men and women who have served. God Bless America Mikek

Reply to
amdx