Sony KV-36XBR400 bad focus in part of screen: help needed

Since last week, there is a rectangular area in the screen, about 10-12 inches wide, that runs from the top to the bottom of the screen (approximately 6 inches from the left side) that has bad focus. The text in that area appears blurry. Small text is unreadable.

This happens for all the inputs, including HDTV and the green TV menus. The colors are correct. The CRT has excellent focus in other areas of the screen, including the corners. The situation is not terrible yet, but I would like to fix this. The only thing I can think of that happened last week is that it was very hot and humid.

Is this a sign of a bad CRT, or can this be adjusted? I recently found the service manual for this model, so with some good advice I may be able to make adjustments.

thanks

Reply to
optonline

Tv needs the dynamic focus correction circuit repaired. Sony uses those and probably the left coils have gone bad or are disconnected internally.

Any experienced Sony DTV technician that has attended Sony's factory training on the XBR series will have the knowledge and skill required to diagnose and repair the failure. Some well experienced technicians that did not attend Sony's training may also have enough knowledge on the type of circuit in use.

Reply to
dkuhajda