Health Hazard ?

Hello members, I am confused whether PCB (Printed Circuit Board) also known as Polychlorimated Biphenyls can cause cancer. Dear members any comment on this ? Thanks Regards.

Reply to
mowhoong

Its Polychlorinated Biphenyls , if you are going to troll at least spell correctly.

Merry Christmas, Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

They aren't the same thing at all.

The 2 things simply share the same acronym.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Polychlorinatedbiphenyls have a bad reputation, for all I know it's justified.

I don't think printed circuit boards contain polychlorinatedbiphenyls, even the "phenolic" type of printed curcuitboard.

the do howerver contain PBDE

Poly Bbrominated Diphenyl Ethers or something like that

Burning any organic substance (even tobacco) releases dangerous toxins, so if you do that avoid the smoke or preferable use a high temperature furnace that can consume the combustion products fully.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

So-called 'phenolic' boards are a misnomer. It's how they *were* once made.

A more modern acronym for them is SRBP - meaning 'synthetic resin bonded paper'. ( synthetic resin = epoxy glue ).

Graham

The *do* stink when burnt though. I don't think it's especially harmful.

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Oh, no worries there - I'm meticulous in consuming all of my combustion products! %-}

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Those are two different things that have the same acronym. They are not the same.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Fraser

What things? A post like this with no context makes no sense.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise